Re: Bug, New Column... window, data type typing

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug, New Column... window, data type typing
Date: 2011-11-03 07:17:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello, all

On 2011.11.02 23:28, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 12:39 -0400, Henry Drexler wrote:
>> Issue
>> -------------------
>> For this new version (1.14) navigate to a table> right click on table>
>> properties> go to tab 'columns'> add> place cursor in 'data type' In
>> this version of pgadmin I am no longer able to type in there, I have to use
>> the drop down menu.
> This isn't a bug, this is something we wanted. The
> "type-in-the-type-combobox" was buggy, so we fixed the issue by making
> the list a read only one.

Well, I have pgAdmin 1.14.0 (Sep 12 2011, vev: REL-1_14_0) on windows
and I am able typing in type combobox. Is the feature removed from linux
version only? Are there more parts of the application that work
differently on different OS'es ?
I'm sure Mr. Guillaume Lelarge will agree that fixing buggy feature by
removing it (the feature) is easy but not necessary right way to solve
the problem. Would you please provide some details of what was wrong
with it? Maybe someone familiar with the problem could suggest a
solution or even fix it then... I've tried using combobox without typing
- it's a pain...

Thank You in advance!

--
Julius Tuskenis