Re: remove useless ccache searching

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: remove useless ccache searching
Date: 2011-09-05 18:29:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel, I have not taken on your patch for review, but I was reading the history of it, and one question popped up:

If you are allocating a new cache, what if the array is really big, will 1st cache + your cache get bigger than work_mem? (or are array op's not constrained by work_mem? Sorry, I have not used array's so not sure if there are memory limits on them)

-Andy