remove useless ccache searching

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: remove useless ccache searching
Date: 2011-09-05 18:19:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This patch:

caches the cache because, I guess, the cache is slow.

Simon asked, "What is making the first cache so slow?". Pavel does not know, nor how to fix it, and nobody else responded.

So my question is: is someone going to take a look at the cache? Should this be accepted as a short term fix (cuz someone will fix the cache later), long term fix (cuz the cache needs to say as-is), or not at all (because someone will fix cache right now now)?

-Andy