Re: Is there anything I should watch out for when creating temporary tables with psycopg2?

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there anything I should watch out for when creating temporary tables with psycopg2?
Date: 2011-08-17 09:57:46
Lists: psycopg

On 12/08/11 19:59, W. Matthew Wilson wrote:
> I'm breaking one gigantic query into several temporary tables and,
> then I'll join those and then do a select.
>
> Is there anything I should watch out for?
>
> Also, what are some other good methods to reduce gigantic queries into
> manageable amounts?

It depends on what you want. Speed? To easily manage query SQL? Here we
don't use temporary table but table-returning SQL procedures (not
plpgsql, just plain sql) and then do something like:

SELECT * FROM procedure1(customer_id, date) A, procedure2(...) B
WHERE A.id = B.id ...

and so on.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio http://dndg.it