Re: Windows x64 : How do I get OSSP-UUID.sql contrib for postgresql x64

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
Cc: Grace Batumbya <grace(dot)batumbya(at)senecac(dot)on(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows x64 : How do I get OSSP-UUID.sql contrib for postgresql x64
Date: 2011-06-30 00:39:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 30/06/2011 12:42 AM, Michael Gould wrote:

> Grace the ossp-uuid libraries have no make system to create a 64 bit
> version and I guess there are some technical reasons with the
> compiler. You can run them on Linux 64 bit and Windows 32 bit only.
> This is the reason I'd like to see native UUID support built in to the
> datatype.

Anyone interested in this might want to start here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379205(v=vs.85).aspx
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379205%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379322(v=vs.85).aspx
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379322%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379358(v=vs.85).aspx
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379358%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>

I don't use UUIDs and have way too much on my plate alread so I'm not
volunteering for this one.
--
Craig Ringer