Re: BUG #5994: Can't excute DBI->connect to oracle by client site

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: 李紅兵 <lihongbing(at)intasect(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5994: Can't excute DBI->connect to oracle by client site
Date: 2011-05-11 09:18:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 05/11/2011 03:13 PM, 李紅兵 wrote:
> yes,I am sure that I connect to the same database and same machine.
> because I run my test code at the linux server with telnet.
>
> As you said,it likes some security modules inhibit to make a new
> connection.
> My server is Redhat Linux Enterprice version with typical
> installation.and I don't know about
> SELinux/Apparmor/TOMOYO/SMACK

If you're running on RHEL, you're using SELinux.

For a test, you could set SELinux policy to audit mode (ie: not
enforcing) and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes
away that way, you know you need to tweak your SELinux policies or set
an SELinux boolean.

See the SELinux documentation to learn more.

--
Craig Ringer