Re: Authentification via Kerberos with ProxyTicket

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tobias Schneider" <t(dot)schneider(at)science-computing(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Authentification via Kerberos with ProxyTicket
Date: 2011-05-04 18:03:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tobias Schneider <t(dot)schneider(at)science-computing(dot)de> wrote:

> We have a new web-app in our intranet and a existing database
> (Postgre 8).

Under PostgreSQL version numbering a major release number includes
the first digit past the decimal point, so you could be talking
about any of five major releases.

> The user is login on web-app by Kerberos (SSO). Now it's important
> to delegate the user ticket to database because every user has a
> database user. Is there a way to authentificate via Kerberos with
> ProxyTicket? I have to go this way (says my chief architect).
>
> Have someone a link or an document with more information about
> ProxyTicket and Postgre?

If you're on 8.4, the documentation you want is probably here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/auth-methods.html#GSSAPI-AUTH

-Kevin