Re: Major features for 9.1

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-30 20:20:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 04/30/2011 11:52 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Yeah, the link to the PostgreSQL docs on the page you pointed to
> still references the 8.2 docs. I wonder whether it's better form to
> link to the 9.1 docs once they're out, or to link to the "current"
> URL, so that it's always automatically pointing to the latest
> version.

The 9.1 ones once they are out. Having a URL whose content changes
significantly over time drives some of the Wikipedia crowd crazy.

I wouldn't even get into arguing over the main page. I'd just add
"PostgreSQL 9.1 includes a true serialization implementation based on
the SerializableSI approach", add a footnote linking to the PostgreSQL
docs and your design page on the wiki, and call it a day. Let the
revert geeks fight over how the tone of the page needs to be adjusted to
reflect this new referenced fact.