Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3
Date: 2011-04-08 13:17:09
Lists: pgsql-php

On 07/04/2011 23:51, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> That is a bit odd. Yes, please do post the relevant bits of the .conf -
>> clearer heads than mine may spot something.
>
> Ray,
>
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> # ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> # - Where to Log -
>
> log_destination = 'syslog' # Valid values are combinations of
> # stderr, csvlog, syslog, and eventlog,
> # depending on platform. csvlog
> # requires logging_collector to be on.
>
> # This is used when logging to stderr:
> logging_collector = on # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog
> # into log files. Required to be on for
> # csvlogs.
> # (change requires restart)
>
> # These are only used if logging_collector is on:
> #log_directory = 'pg_log' # directory where log files are written,
> # can be absolute or relative to PGDATA
> #log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' # log file name pattern,
> # can include strftime() escapes

That all looks fine.... I seem to remember from upthread that you were
looking for logging output in /var/log/messages, but syslog output
should be in /var/log/syslog (on my Debian system anyway).

Also, from the above, look in the pg_log directory under the data
directory for any log files that might get written there.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie