Re: .oO - Translation

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)web(dot)de>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: .oO - Translation
Date: 2011-02-28 09:03:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On 27.02.2011 21:45, damien clochard wrote:
> I'm not sure to understand exactly what your proposition is about, but i
> guess i can give some feedback on how postgresql.fr works...

Damien,

I know that the French already do much effort here.
Effort - that wasn't necessary in Germany in past - Also not because
Peter already
once translated and published all years ago.

Of course I am sure we could use postgresql.de here (it belongs somebody
of German community) -
but there are several reasons, why I asked if it is possible with .org:

1. Easier to recognise changes on English original
2. Delivering - for example the Debian guys could deliver docs with packages
depending on language - Or add packages for special language support.
3. Publisher rights - not sure - if it is allowed to publish as "The
PostgreSQL Global Development Group"
under foreign domain.
4. Why reinventing wheel instead of doing it same ways as for messages?
Maybe in contrib instead of core.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht