Re: criticism about hosting download packages

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: criticism about hosting download packages
Date: 2011-02-25 09:09:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Le 23/02/2011 12:01, Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> On 22.02.2011 20:53, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Right but that isn't our concern. EDB should and can do whatever they
>> wish with that download page. It is up to the community to decide
>> whether or not how they handle it is reasonable.
>
> As long as it is legal.
>
> Fishing for addresses is illegal in most European countries.
>
> The way EDB tries it might not be illegal - but it is hard at the limit
> of being illegal.

Seriously Susanne, you can't write something like that on a public
mailing-list without giving at least some clear arguments.

If you have any evidence or a real-life example of that legal threat,
please tell us.

Otherwise this is pure FUD and it's very sad to see such thing happening
inside our community.

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org