Re: criticism about hosting download packages

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)web(dot)de>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: criticism about hosting download packages
Date: 2011-02-23 11:01:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On 22.02.2011 20:53, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Right but that isn't our concern. EDB should and can do whatever they
> wish with that download page. It is up to the community to decide
> whether or not how they handle it is reasonable.

As long as it is legal.

Fishing for addresses is illegal in most European countries.

The way EDB tries it might not be illegal - but it is hard at the limit
of being illegal.

It could end with - that you won't be able to download the packages
from all countries - because countries forbid accessing the page.

Just my 2 ct and many thousands thanks for all your answers,

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht
Bielefeld