Re: Database selector

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database selector
Date: 2010-12-28 19:18:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 28.12.2010 19:01, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Le 28/12/2010 18:41, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :

>>> Done.
>> I did some checks on fixes for 1.12.2 and found that this does not seem
>> to be in the new version .. ?
>>
> It should be. It is in the CHANGELOG:
>
> 2010-10-28 GL 1.12.2 Select old values when connecting to another server.
>
> and on git:
>
> commit 9cb216f9a67838e041e65fd0f9fead425cdfe8b1
> Author: Guillaume Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
> Date: Thu Sep 9 23:26:23 2010 +0200
>
> Select old values when connecting to another server
>
> When a user selects another server, the database and user comboboxes are
> cleared and filled again with the new values. The last selected item
> for both
> comboboxes should be selected if they are still present.
>
> Fixes #232.

Testing v.1.12.1 (Dec 13 2010, rev: REL-1_12_2) on Windows XP Pro, SP3
To be sure, I downloaded the latest version and upgraded. But there have been no more changes in the meantime. Connection tool still does not behave
as expected. I have tried with a couple of different databases an users.

On a closer inspection only the field "Uername" fails. "Database" seems to be filled correctly. So, something has definitely changed, but half the fix
does not seem to work as expected.

Steps to reproduce:
- Open query tool
- Select <new connetion> from the connection tool --> popup "Connect to Server" appears, "Server", "Database", "User" are filled with current values.
- Pick a new server --> new values are filled in for database and user.
"Database" behaves as expected: identical name as in current connection if available on the new server.
"Username" fails, however. Although a user of the same name is available, some other value is filled in. On the first try some (seemingly random)
username from the list of available users is picked. On subsequent tries it is always the first one on the list.

Regards
Erwin