Re: Do we want SYNONYMS?

From: Michael C Rosenstein <mcr(at)mdibl(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do we want SYNONYMS?
Date: 2010-12-07 14:14:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I won't press the issue for Postgres any further, but I will attest that
synonyms work quite elegantly in Oracle, provide valuable functionality,
and do not generally sow confusion among skilled developers. It sounds
like the proposed "synonym" feature for Postgres perhaps had a different
intention than I assumed, however, especially due to the differences
between the Oracle and PG viz. how "users," "schemas" and "databases" work.

Thanks.

/mcr