Re: pgAdmin 1.12.1 issues talking with master node of a SR-ROHS setup.

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Mark_Sloan(at)McAfee(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.12.1 issues talking with master node of a SR-ROHS setup.
Date: 2010-11-17 17:47:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 17/11/2010 16:43, Mark_Sloan(at)McAfee(dot)com a écrit :
> Hi pgAdmin support list,
>
> I am using pgAdmin 1.12.1 on OSX to connected to a postgresql 9.0.1 instance that is the master in a SR++ROHS pair.
>
> pgAdmin sees the master as being in recovery mode and will of course disallow me to create new tables, insert records …etc. I am able to do all of these actions via the psql client on the same machine.
>
> Is this a known bug, do I perhaps have some setting wrong ? I have verified a number of times that I am connecting to where I think I am …etc.

I did a quick HS+SR configuration on my laptop and it works just fine.
It's on Linux but the code is not OS specific, so it shouldn't be an issue.

What are the differences between the master and the slave? IP? port? can
you tell us more about your configuration?

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr