Re: Can someone design a Postgres9 Information Page?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can someone design a Postgres9 Information Page?
Date: 2010-10-12 21:07:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 10/12/2010 06:52 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> I have the domain postgres9.org, which was used for the release party
> invitation. I'd like to put up, instead, an information& resources
> page linking to various information about PostgreSQL 9: release notes,
> wiki, how-tos, blog posts, etc.
>
> Can someone with better HTML skills than me design this? I can easily
> host it.

what is the point of that? some sort of "meta"-wiki or "meta" blog engine?
To make this useful you would have to make it editable for a larger
amount of people so you would end up with a CMS or a wiki - and guess
what, there is already a wiki...
What about collecting that information on a page in the existing wiki
with is fairly active,has a fair number of contributors and is indexed
fairly reasonable on google already? (not to mention the fact that it
already contains a fair amount of information on 9.0)
If you really want to make use of the domain just put up a permanent
redirect to the wiki page.

Stefan