Re: Postgres 9.0 crash on win7

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Andrea Peri 2007 <aperi2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.0 crash on win7
Date: 2010-10-04 01:06:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 4/10/2010 4:41 AM, Andrea Peri 2007 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some update on the crash of pg9.0.
>
> seem that PG9 will crash even on windows 32bit.

Yes, it will. I've just been able to reproduce it here with your script,
on 32-bit win7. I should be able to report where it's crashing shortly.

I gave you bad advice on the backtrace, I'm afraid. A backtrace of a
32-bit process on 64-bit Windows, at least using the 64-bit debugging
tools, appears to be pretty useless. Having never tried that particular
setup before, I didn't realize that I'm afraid. I've added a note to
that effect to the instructions. Sorry about that.

I've been able to reproduce the crash (thanks for the test case!) and
obtain the crash information here on my 32-bit windows 7 install, so
there's no need for you to do anything else so far.

--
Craig Ringer