Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Specifying multiple branches to try

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Specifying multiple branches to try
Date: 2010-09-26 12:26:16
Lists: buildfarm-members

I'm still thinking about this a bit. As it is I don't think it will
work, because the config file expects that the branch is known at the
time it is included, so we can't change the branch after that point. I'm
playing around with the idea of a wrapper script that would either try
to hold an election somewhat like your scheme below, but in such a way
as to avoid possible starvation, or would try to run all the given
branches - something I did on quoll but rather informally.

I like the idea of a global lock - I think that's possibly worth doing
on its own.

cheers

andrew