Re: Issues with 1.12.0 (Mac OS X)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)spamcop(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with 1.12.0 (Mac OS X)
Date: 2010-09-23 20:42:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 23/09/2010 22:29, Herouth Maoz a écrit :
> [...]
> Version: 1.12.0
> Operating System: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4)
> Issues:
> 1. Inability to restore connections in windows other than the browser.

Yeah, this is something that still needs work.

> 2. Column width settings get lost when grid editor is closed (they always have, but this makes losing the window a real PITA).

What would you like to have on this issue? we can store the widths of
each column on the last query, and we would restore that at the next
run, but you could run a completely different query and the new widths
could not be appropriate. I'm not sure there is an easy solution to this
one.

> 3. Restored connections in browser window cause instability.

We would need more to get this "bug" fixed.

> 4. New icon is not very practical on the Mac.

I'll let Dave answer on this one :)

> 5. GUI text engine doesn't handle RTL text properly.

Seems more a wxWidgets issue to me. And I'm quite sure they'll tell you
to use 2.9 instead of 2.8.

> Thank you for your time!

Thanks for your comments. I would really like you to comment more on #2,
and find the exact steps that cause instability on restored connections.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr