Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Date: 2010-07-29 17:59:09
Lists: pgsql-www

> Interesting how you completely ignored the fact at hand. They have no
> offense against .Org. Just specific (and very few) individuals who
> happen to contribute to .Org.

Let me point out that Continuent also has contributed code, sponsored
hacking, sponsored events, and I'm about to ask them to buy pizza for
SFPUG next month, as they have in the past, and which you have eaten. I
think that outweighs a little spam, especially when they realize they
have a spam problem and have improved. Have a sense of proportion, David.

Frankly, their spam issue is hurting them more than it does anyone else;
their PR dept frequently and repeatedly announces products which haven't
been released yet (Tungsten, anyone?). Given that level of pathology,
I'm more inclined to sympathize with Eero than chastise him. No doubt
their PR firm was picked by the VCs and neither Eero not Robert have any
real control over them.

BTW, most likely you got on the Continuent spam list by attending a
conference such as LinuxWorld. I know I did. Just unsuscribe.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.