Re: Explicit psqlrc

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "David Christensen" <david(at)endpoint(dot)com>, "gabrielle" <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Mark Wong" <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Stephen Frost" <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Explicit psqlrc
Date: 2010-07-20 13:23:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> we gain something quite specific and tangible, namely, the
> expectation that patch authors will stay on top of their patches
> if they want them reviewed by the community.

Barring some operational emergency here, I'll be reviewing the
status of all the open patches in the CF today. If I can't find any
new posting by the author for the patch in question, I'll mark it
Returned With Feedback. I'll probably be cracking the whip on a few
others, one way or another. If anyone wonders why I don't do so for
certain patches, it will probably be because I've had off-list
messages about needing more time to do a proper review or being in
transit and unable to do more than post short emails at the moment.

I do request that all authors and reviewers make an effort to keep
the CF app page up-to-date. If you're not sure all recent patches,
reviews, and significant comment posts are reflected in the app for
a patch for which you're an author or reviewer, please check as soon
as possible and make it right; it's save time for me and will help
keep the process moving smoothly.

Thanks, all.

-Kevin