Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode?

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode?
Date: 2010-07-08 01:10:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-testers

On 07/07/10 22:28, Lou Picciano wrote:

> Well, no. Specifically, the exercise was to determine default locations of certs on Windows 7, as inferred from - the expected - error message from the PG client. In this case, the client was pgAdmin. (Is pgAdmin not a valid 'default' test?)

I'm coming in half-way into this conversation, so forgive any confusion,
but are you referring to server certs (that live in the datadir) or
client certificates to authenticate a client to the server?

If server certs, the certs live in the same place on Windows as every
other platform: in the data dir.

IIRC on Windows client certificates live in

%APPDATA%\.postgresql\

I'll verify that shortly as I have a win7 machine here now.

> (No one else here is using certs under Windows 7?)

I use client certificates on Windows, but only via a Java app with JDBC,
so I haven't been too worried about libpq's client cert handling.

--
Craig Ringer