Re: role support

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Benedek László <laci(at)benedekl(dot)tvnetwork(dot)hu>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: role support
Date: 2010-07-06 21:33:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 06/07/2010 16:36, Benedek László a écrit :
> [...]
> I createad a patch to add support for roles in saved server configurations.
> After a db connection it will issue a SET Role=<rolename> when a rolename is specified for the connected server.
>
> This allows using pgAdmin's gui to create/alter/delete objects in accordance with a security policy that forbids logging in directly
> as superuser, but instead specifies that you should log into an admin account and then SET Role to the superuser.

It seems quite interesting. I still only read the patch (and it seems a
good one), but I didn't test it actually. I'll do in the next few days.
Anyway, we're still in beta for 1.12. If the patch is good enough, we'll
have to wait the creation of the 1.12 branch before applying it.

> I also found something which seems to me a small escaping bug, a patch included for this issue also.

Commited. I also created the ticket 208 for it.

Thank you.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr