Re: Source code for postgress 7.4?

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <amaneiro(at)cartolab(dot)es>,<pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Source code for postgress 7.4?
Date: 2010-06-29 18:00:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

>> :pserver:anonymous(at)cvs(dot)pgfoundry(dot)org:/cvsroot/jdbc
>>
>> Is that valid, too?

> Yes, mostly. The part of the server CVS tree that housed the JDBC
> driver was just copied over to start the separate JDBC repository.
> So anything in the server repository at the time of the copy is in
> the JDBC repository. I can't recall if we put 7.4 patches into
> both places, but my guess is that we did not so the server tree
> may be more up to date. You can tell when the copy happened
> because you can see a REL7_4_1 tag indicating the release of
> server version 7.4.1, but not 7.4.2 tag.

I'm confused. Where is the "server repository" copy of JDBC? Does
the "JDBC repository" contain any JDBC code which isn't in the
server repository? Why do we have both? Why does the
jdbc.postgresql.org site reference the tree which may be less up to
date?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious; I'm just trying to
regain confidence that I know where the current and historical
source code is for JDBC.

-Kevin