Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq
Date: 2010-06-22 18:20:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> We might not want to enable them by default, though.

I have a hard time believing that "enabled by default" is a problem
with the default timings. That would result in sending and
receiving one small packet every two hours on an open connection
with no application traffic.

In what environment do you see that causing a problem (compared to
no keepalive)?

-Kevin