Re: Best starter book

From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: NOVICE Postgres elist <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best starter book
Date: 2010-05-21 17:36:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is an example of the problem.

I went to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ and started
looking at everything until /tutorial-createdb.html. Where it states
createdb.

I get as a (system user)donn(at)m1l-suse:~> createdb mydb
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: Ident
authentication failed for user "donn"

The attached file show postmaster is working. I assume this is a
security/ issue with a lack of password. Or maybe a /etc/groups problem

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb(at)comcast(dot)net "
Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb(at)arrl(dot)net "
BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
" http://counter.li.org " #279316

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgres.err text/plain 455 bytes