Re: buildfarm building all live branches from git

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm building all live branches from git
Date: 2010-05-04 15:27:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> For those who have been following along, today I reached a bit of a
>> milestone. The buildfarm member quoll, which is running a git-ized buildfarm
>> client due to be released in a week or so, today successfully built all the
>> live branches, all the way back to 7.4, from git. Note, this is running from
>> my test git repo, not the community's repo. Sadly, that means its change
>> links will be broken - I'm not exactly sure what gets hashed to provide a
>> commit ID in git, but the IDs don't match between these two repos.
>>
>> See <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?member=quoll>.
>>

> Thanks for working on this.

You're welcome ;-)

I have actually fixed the change link issue. I added an enhancement that
allows the client to specify a URL where changesets can be found. The
server code no longer presumptively assumes that the changeset can be
found on the community repo.

see the bottom of
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=quoll&dt=2010-05-03%2021:21:11>
for an example of this in action.