Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date: 2010-04-10 11:16:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dave Page wrote:

> This basically indicates that we need an issue tracker. There, look -
> now see what you made me do :-(

Please?!?

I wonder, if EDB just went ahead and set one up, would people start
using it? I've been tempted to do it myself, but I'm not confident I can
handle the bandwidth/hosting for a decent tracker with upload capability
etc.

Or just use Launchpad. It's actually pretty good, and very accessible,
plus many people already have logins.

I know people are worried it'll just become full of many ignored,
dupliate or useless reports, but that's what -bugs is anyway; it's just
less visibly so. Dups and non-bugs are easily closed by the same folks
who're active on -bugs triaging here.

--
Craig Ringer