Re: Bug: PgAdmin not displaying typmod column types correctly in create or display

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug: PgAdmin not displaying typmod column types correctly in create or display
Date: 2010-01-05 22:16:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 04/01/2010 13:29, Obe, Regina a écrit :
> I assume this is a PgAdmin III bug, but I could be wrong.
> I'm using PgAdmin 1.10.1 on Windows, but seems to be an issue with even 1.8 since I tried on that too.
>
> The upcoming PostGIS 1.5 has a new type called geography that uses the Typmod functionality introduced in 8.3.
>
> I'm guessing this is a display bug in how PgAdmin is displaying typmod types.
>
> Details here
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/368
>
> What is interesting is if I do a select of the table in question, the geography header shows correctly as
>
> geography(Point,4326) or geography(Linestring,4326)
>
> so it seems its just in the
>
> CREATE TABLE ... that displays on the side panel of PgAdmin or when you select generate create script.

Seems you're right. It should be easy to fix, but I want to find if
there are any corner cases. Anyways, I created a ticket for your bug:
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/125

> I could of sworn I saw it right at some point before (but installing a previous experimental build of PostGIS behaved the same). Perhaps I was always focusing on the display of the SELECT... of its display in phppgadmin which correctly displays the type.

I don't think so. I can be wrong, but I don't think we did something
like that before. typmod is available since 1.10, and I don't remember
we fix something for typmod in 1.10.1.

> In case you need to test, have windows experimental builds here
> http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/experimental.php

I tried it, but failed to make it work. Finally, I compiled PostGIS SVN
on Linux, which was more easy.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org