Re: PG_STANDBY ISSUE

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG_STANDBY ISSUE
Date: 2009-11-23 20:41:16
Lists: pgsql-general

akp geek wrote:
> One small doubt I have is , do we have to keep the backup_label on
> the standby, I deleted it before I start the restore process , it
> still worked .. Just curious
The backup label is strictly for you to read, to help make sure you got
all of the archived segments necessary for the backup to be useful. The
standby doesn't actually use it for anything, it's more of a helper for
a human trying to figure out what's going on.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com