Re: PG_STANDBY ISSUE

From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG_STANDBY ISSUE
Date: 2009-11-23 19:45:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks a lot Richard. The culprit in my case is the restore command , I
modified it as follows per your instructions , it is fine now

restore_command = 'pg_standby -d -s 5 -t /tmp/pg_standby.trigger.5432
/opt/postgres/archive %f %p %r 2>>/tmp/standby.log'

One small doubt I have is , do we have to keep the backup_label on the
standby, I deleted it before I start the restore process , it still worked
.. Just curious

appreicate your help

Regards