Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause
Date: 2009-11-17 22:34:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I don't wont to apply these patches tomorrow, I don't sending these
> patches for last moment. If I have to wait one weak or two weeks, ok.
> Declare it. I'll respect it. But actually I respecting all rules, what
> I know.

If you're sending stuff intended for the next CommitFest in the middle
of an active one (which we'd prefer not to see at all but you have your
own schedule limitations), it would be helpful if you were to label
those patches as such. It's difficult for the rest of us to tell which
of the ones you're generating are in response to patches that are active
during this one, and which are intended for future review but you're
just dropping them off now. Had your new stuff been labeled "This is
for the next CommitFest, I'm just sending it to the list now", it would
have made it easier on everyone else to figure out which of your
messages we need to pay attention to and what should be ignored for now.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com