Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql: open for execute - add USING clause
Date: 2009-11-17 21:40:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I never sent these (last two) patches to THIS commitfest. Is it
> clean?

Counting the "In Progress" commitfest and the two preceding ones, you
have submitted nine patches and contributed to the review of none.
Surely you noticed recent threads about how the review and commit
steps are the bottleneck, help is desperately needed for the review
process, and the point of commitfests is to get everyone to take a
break from coding to help review the work of others? Several regular
contributors have expressed frustration that while they are taking
time off from their preferred activity of coding to contribute to the
review process, others are stacking up a pile of patches for the next
review cycle.

Robert in particular has been burning himself out trying to keep the
patch reviews rolling through so that everyone's patches can get
proper consideration. I certainly appreciate that you are making
contributions of patches to help make PostgreSQL better; but since the
review process is the bottleneck, if you don't help review patches,
any time spent by someone reviewing your patches comes out of the time
they would be writing patches themselves.

I'm sure it would be much appreciated, and help to alleviate the
frustration and burnout of some other contributors, if you could take
a turn at reviewing -- at least one patch each commitfest.

-Kevin