Re: next CommitFest

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-11 22:14:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> I was just poking around on the Wiki, and it looks like the role of the
>> CommitFest manager isn't very well documented yet.
>>

> It's pretty straightforward. Robert has actually done a great job of
> communicating about this to the patch reviewers.

That's good to hear. What I was hinting at was that some of the
community knowledge here should start getting written down now that the
process has matured, rather than trying to directly transfer just to one
other person. I'm not sure if Robert has shared 100% of what he does
with the reviewers or not, but in general the easiest way to divest
yourself of a position is to document how someone else can do it. I
don't know that having to poke through list archives or chat with
someone is necessarily the best way to transfer that knowledge.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com