Re: next CommitFest

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-11 16:12:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> I would personally prefer not to be involved in the management of the
>> next CommitFest.  Having done all of the July CommitFest and a good
>> chunk of the September CommitFest, I am feeling a bit burned out.
>
> I was just poking around on the Wiki, and it looks like the role of the
> CommitFest manager isn't very well documented yet.  Since you've done all of
> them since introducing the new CF software, I'm not sure if anyone else even
> knows exactly what you've been doing.  The transition over to that was so
> successful there isn't even a copy of the schedule for 8.5 on the Wiki
> itself.  Could you find some time this week to rattle off an outline of the
> work involved?  It's hard to decide whether to volunteer to help without
> having a better idea of what's required.

It's pretty straightforward. Robert has actually done a great job of
communicating about this to the patch reviewers.

I'd be happy to get together at some pre-appointed hour this weekend
(Saturday / Sunday) to talk it over by phone / IRC. PDXPUG was already
planning to get together to review some patches this Sunday from 3-5pm
PST, so that is a convenient time for me.

I can also help with commitfest admin tasks, but not in a dedicated
way until after Thanksgiving as I'm going to be be traveling or on
vacation.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me