Re: FW: question about wmware

From: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: Niklas Olsson <niklaso(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: question about wmware
Date: 2009-10-28 17:05:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

> Does anyone have experience to run postgresql on wmware esx server 3.5?
> We run a virtual pc with windows 2008 (x32) 2 cpu on which postgressql
> is installed.

i run several postgresql instances on w2k3 and w2k8 on several vmware
esxi vms without any problem for like 14 months now. the performance of
course isn't as good as on a dedicated, hardware database machine but
depending on your service needs that might not pose a problem.

for more technical vmware questions, you'd probably be better of asking
on the general purpose postgres mailinglist, e.g.
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

cheers,
thomas