Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date: 2021-10-01 13:19:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I took another pass over this today and touched up the documentation (docs and
code) as well as tweaked the code a bit here and there to both make it fit the
pg_dump style better and to clean up a few small things. I've also added a set
of additional tests to cover more of the functionality.

I'm still not happy with the docs, I need to take another look there and see if
I make them more readable but otherwise I don't think there are any open issues
with this.

As has been discussed upthread, this format strikes a compromise wrt simplicity
and doesn't preclude adding a more structured config file in the future should
we want that. I think this takes care of most comments and opinions made in
this thread.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump-filteropt-20211001.patch application/octet-stream 27.4 KB