Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Date: 2009-10-04 01:24:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> I removed hunks by sql_help.c and fix a typo in documentation.
> An updated patch attached.
>
> Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> With the sql_help.c changes removed, the patch applied fine and
>> testing went well.
>>
>> I noticed only the following in the new documentation in CREATE TABLE:
>> - <literal>INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES INCLUDING STORAGES INCLUDING COMMENTS</literal>.
>> + <literal>INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES INCLUDING STORAGE INCLUDING COMMENTS</literal>.
>>
>> Aside from the bogus hunks in the patch, and this one typo, the patch
>> looks to be in excellent shape.

I'm reviewing this patch with a view to committing it, since the other
patch I was going to look at still seemed to be subject to some
discussion. In general it looks OK, but I'm wondering why we are not
copying comments on cloned indexes. I realize that might involve a bit
more code, but I think I'd feel happier if we cloned all the comments we
reasonably could from the outset. Is it really that hard to do?

cheers

andrew