Re: Brochure final layout

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Brochure final layout
Date: 2009-07-16 16:26:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Rob,

> Regarding the translation of the InDesign layouts to an open source
> package. It is not a problem. I am happy to switch, though I am not
> entirely convinced that it is adequate. I think it is an extreme view to
> assume that all open source is ‘good’ while all commercial software is
> ‘bad’.

Not, "instead of", rather, "in addition to". InDesign has the advantage
of being an industry standard. However, many of our volunteers can't
afford an InDesign license just to be able to
print/edit/translate/modify the flyer. So *if possible* we should
provide both an Indesign version and an Scribus or Inkscape one.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.