Re: Using Postgres to store genetic data

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Peter Hunsberger <peter(dot)hunsberger(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Postgres to store genetic data
Date: 2009-07-10 21:02:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> We're looking at potentially using Postgres to store a variety of
> molecular and genetic data. At this point I have a bunch of general
> questions...

I don't know enough about your area of expertise to know if this is
useful, but I'd look at the Unison project to see what they are doing.
There are also videos/slides up from a recent San Francisco PUG meeting
at UCSF that might be of interest:

http://www.vimeo.com/3732938
http://www.slideshare.net/linuxpoet/unison-ucsf-sfpug