Re: New binary installer logo

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Subject: Re: New binary installer logo
Date: 2009-07-08 23:16:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The problem is that EDB's logo contains their name, while the PostgreSQL
> elephant doesn't, so having only the two logos isn't even. What Dave
> suggested and my son Matthew implemented is a new installer logo, moving
> the Postgres elephant logo to the top and adding the "PostgreSQL" name,
> and moving the EnterpriseDB logo to the bottom. Here is the result,
> which will appear in the next version of the installer:
>
> http://momjian.us/expire/logo.png

IMHO this is a good step in the right direction, but BitRock certainly
invested even more time into creating the base installer than EDB into
the pgsql specific part. BitRock doesn't present their lettering so
prominently either.

As Greg wrote:
> It's a big chunk of time they're basically sponsoring in return for
the associated PR

That's the very problem. All other contributing companies don't have the
chance to earn this PR from their contribution, so it's not really fair.

Regards,
Andreas