Re: 8.5 development schedule

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date: 2009-06-30 18:04:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Given that there is also a lot of work on synchronous replication, is
> it better to get the HS in so the SR stuff can use that as a baseline,
> or to triage in both patches together?

Whichever finishes first. Although they're very useful together, there
is little if any code-level dependency between them. It would be
dangerous to have one wait for the other, as one or the other could well
be delayed for some reason. We can't even be sure that both are finished
in time for 8.5.

--
Heikki Linnakangas