Re: 10 TB database

From: Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria(at)netmadeira(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 10 TB database
Date: 2009-06-16 08:54:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Arthur,

We have a database that has a table growing ~1,5M rows each month.
The overall growth for the db is ~1GB/month.
PostgreSQL 8.2.9 on x86_64 - a very modest Dell R200 with 4GB of ram.

Although poor planning was made in the beginning (i.e. no clustering,
no partitioning...) - we weren't expecting the boom :] - that
particular server runs like clockwork with hundreds of queries per
minute and still doing so without any noticeable speed loss.

We're, of course, planning for load balancing in the beginning of next
year ... :)

BR,

Pedro Doria Meunier
GSM: +351 96 17 20 188