Re: COPY support: plan and progress

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com, mark_addleman(at)bigfoot(dot)com, Kalle Hallivuori <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: COPY support: plan and progress
Date: 2009-05-15 07:38:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:

> I have started using this patch myself and have started reviewing it,
> but haven't finished yet. Some form of it will go into the 8.4 driver
> release.

Thats brilliant. I can take part in the testing against the 8.4
database, so do you know approx when you could have the patch for 8.4 ready?

Additionally, would it be difficult to get it into 8.3 and 8.2 drivers
in addition? My client is running on Solaris and newer version of stuff
tends to arrive late on Solaris. Not forgetting that Oracle just bought
Sun, so I cant imagine Postgres being part of any future releases of
Solaris.