Re: Array passing

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array passing
Date: 2009-04-07 21:03:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Looking at the spec/docs although you can specify the return type in the
protocol there is no way to do it.. The only way i can see is to use a
stored procedure and specifying the return type there using
registerOutParameter(). However looking in the code
(SimpleParameterList) although the parameter is set to OUT, the return
type is ignored...

Is there any reason for this?

Would setting the return type like this cause any problems?

This would seem to solve my problem...

Thanks