Re: TCP only listening on localhost???

From: Richard Gass <rgass(at)sprintlabs(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCP only listening on localhost???
Date: 2004-04-30 16:26:48
Lists: pgsql-general

There are no firewalling issues, routing or dns issues. Basically nothing
has changed with the server. The only change is with the clients that
connect. Everything seems to work fine connecting from the local socket but
when you try to connect over tcp, it doesn't work because it is not
listening on the port. For some reason, I cannot get it to listen on the
port unless I specify in my postmaster command -h ip.address.

I am using postgres 7.3.2 on redhat 7.1 on the server. On the clients, it
is RH9.0 with the same postgres version installed from a tarball.

I bet if I reboot the machine, everything will work but I don't want to lose