Re: cs_CZ vs regression tests, part N

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: cs_CZ vs regression tests, part N
Date: 2009-03-20 13:33:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> It's still broken:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-03-17%2021:06:01
>
> I remain of the opinion that supporting the regression tests in a locale
> that works like this is more trouble than it's worth.

We looked into this and it turns out that this is actually a C locale
vs. all-other-locales issue; not specific to Czech. More specifically,
it is related to the sorting of upper-case vs. lower-case letters. A
_1.out file is an appropriate answer here.

(Hmm, no one except Zdenek testing locales yet on the build farm? Can't
easily tell from the index page.)