Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Date: 2009-02-10 05:02:22
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro escreveu:
> 1. fillfactor.* options are silently ignored when the table doesn't have
> toast relation. Should we notice the behabior to users?
> ex. NOTICE: toast storage parameters are ignored
> because the table doesn't have toast relations.

It was discussed and rejected [1].

> I think we should show toast.* parameters in \d+ for base tables
> because it has consistency; we set them at ALTER TABLE for base tables.

+1. That's because the psql patch was applied _before_ the namespace patch. It
seems we will need to hardcode the namespace notion at psql code.

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00042.php

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/