Re: PATCH: Column Level Privileges

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Column Level Privileges
Date: 2009-02-02 12:55:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:
> - If the dialog is the default (minimum) size when opened, the
> privileges pane does not size correctly. Observed on Windows.
I could not reproduce it on windows (Vista). :(
Could you please send a screen shot for it?
> - If I open the table dialogue on an existing table, and then select a
> column and click change. and then change an existing ACL entry, the
> generated SQL includes a REVOKE ALL which revokes privileges from
> other columns on the table.
Done.
There was one problem with GRANT ALL too.
And also found one problem, when privileges are for group, "group " was not
appended in privileges lists (ctlSecurityPanel). I found the same
problem on
existing privileges dialogs too. :(

I have attached a screen for it. (dlgTable)
In this case, 'ash' is a group. We were not identify the groups from
privileges.
We were able to select multiple privileges for 'group ash' and 'ash'
both. :(
I have solved that also.

Please find the updated patch.

--
Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 48.8 KB
ColLevelPrivileges_v3.patch text/x-diff 23.3 KB