Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date: 2009-01-24 04:57:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan píše v pá 09. 01. 2009 v 12:16 -0500:
>

>> Sure, we can easily have buildfarm's initdb step set any locale (and
>> encoding, for that matter) we like. That's a simple change.
>>

> Will be possible to set more locales and run tests without recompilation
> on all of them? For example I have installed all Solaris'es locales on
> my animal, but currently it means that I need perform whole cycle for
> each locale.

I'm working on this. Yes, you will be able to specify a list of locales
to check. For each locale the following tests will be run:
installcheck, pl-installcheck, and contrib-installcheck.

However, our tests are still a bit short of working across locales.

PL-check gives the diff below on PLTCL tests under en_US locale. I guess
the simplest answer is to add an alternative result file.

cheers

andrew

select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;
key1 | key2 | txt